User Experience Designer II – Redmond, WA
We seek a User Experience Designer to help reshape the future of Gaming on Windows. Together with our team of visual designers, motion designers, interaction designers, game designers, and design developers you will help us think visually and craft artifacts that delight and engage users.
You are a starter and a finisher, someone who can inspire with concepts and can shepherd a design to ship. You never shy away from a difficult design problem and are driven by a passion to help gamers get the most out of their gaming experiences. You make complicated design systems simple and meet the ever-changing dynamics of PC gaming with innovative ideas and executions. Above all you have craft; and whether through pixels or code you can bring an experience to life. We are a design team with great passion for gaming and for gamers, join us and help shape the future of Gaming at Microsoft.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Driving product experience for the Xbox experiences on Windows, iOS, Android, and beyond
- Producing concept models, visual comps, screen-flows, and other artifacts required to develop and evolve the user experience
- Shipping designs for software development on time and at high quality Participating and leading brainstorming and work sessions
- Working with fellow designers, program managers, and developers to solve problems and enhance the overall user experience
- Working with brand designers to ensure the visual design aligns or evolves the brand
- Building consensus around design direction
- At least 3 years of designing for software development (experience in Windows apps and/or Games a plus)
- Demonstrable success in designing across ecosystems and platforms (PC, mobile, web, console, etc.)
- Deep understanding of interaction design principles and process (conceptual modeling, heuristics, patterns, usability, etc.)
- Deep understanding of visual design principles and process (typography, iconography, composition, color, layout, etc.)
- Experience with and understanding of a variety of design, project management, and development processes and methodologies including agile development
- Demonstrable ability to work confidently with Program Management, Development, Product Planning, Brand, Marketing, and User Research
- Excellent written and verbal communication, presentation, and organizational skills Expertise with Illustrator, Photoshop, and related tools
- 1 + years’ experience with prototyping tools (Invision, Framer, Processing, Unity, etc.)
- Experience in 3D design tools a plus
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree in Graphic Design, Communication Design, Interface Design, Human-Computer-Interaction, or equivalent experience
Mobile Integration Workgroup, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.