Quality Assurance Engineer - Seattle
As a Quality Assurance Engineer working on rendering , you’ll work closely with product and engineering teams to develop and execute test plans that ensure our customers get what they want. You’ll navigate through complex code to better understand features and to ensure our software development engineers continue to deliver quality software. You’ll test code manually and with automated tools using black box, gray box, and white box testing techniques. You’ll debug complex problems using log files and will write automated tests with Java, Perl and other languages. You’ll be responsible for driving the software development process toward quality-centric methodologies.
- Demonstrated track record of delivering test automation, quality requirements, designing functional and performance test suites and producing deliverables that exceed commitments.
- Responsible for the architecture of test automation solutions, determining current limitations and compatibilities between subsystems, the selection of new concepts and methodology, and the development of major routines and utilities.
- Generation of metrics and information that improve development practices on the team
- Review and critique of technical requirements and software design specifications and software implementation.
- Instilling best practices for test suite automation and frameworks and documentation, making sure designs meet requirements, and delivering high quality software on tight schedules.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in computer science or a related field
- 2+ years of software QA experience
- Strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools
- Experience in writing test plans, test automation, or test cases
- Background in test automation using Java and applicable languages.
- Working knowledge of common automation frameworks such as JUnit or TestNG
- Ability to understand technical specifications and analyze log files
- Excellent written and spoken communication
- Any experience with testing layout/rendering systems such as Trident or Gecko
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders.
- Engineering process expertise, with a full understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) principles.
- Robust project planning/execution skills including estimating, scheduling, and executing on committed schedules.
- Excellent judgment, organizational, and problem solving skills.
- One or more years of Mobile Testing/QA experience.
- Ability to understand and passion for utilizing mobile devices.
- Two years experience in UI Automation (preferably on mobile platforms).
- Ability to quickly learn and apply complex technical information to mobile testing situations.
- Adaptability and attention to finalizing testing details and duties amidst aggressive time challenges.
- Takes full ownership of end-user quality, usability and appeal.
- Multilingual / Internationalization Experience.
Mobile Integration Workgroup, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.