Help /Service Desk Analyst – Bellevue, WA
The IT Service Desk Analyst will provide first and second line technical support to internal staff. The successful candidate will require an aptitude for working with applications/systems to undertake analysis, diagnosis and resolution of staff problems, which may range from straightforward to more complicated technical issues.
- Serves as a point of escalation for complex technical problems and works to diagnose, investigate and resolve incidents in a timely manner; works cross-functionally with other support teams and Service Owners within Technology Services for issues that cannot be resolved at the Service Desk.
- Leads operational work efforts and project based work initiatives independently and/or in a team environment; provides analysis and partners on projects and initiatives as it relates to technology process improvements; analyzes, translates, and documents business requirements into technical specifications.
- Conducts training for Service Desk Analyst I Technicians and serves as a backup for operational support; provides end user support for remote technologies including laptops, mobile devices, home office peripherals and home office networks via phone, email and in person contact.
- Contributes to the Problem Management function and raises visibility for issues that impacts staff or has a high likelihood of reoccurring; responsible for compiling operational metrics and performing data analysis to identify trends, chronic problems, and other issues that should be addressed; leverages data to drive changes in the environment.
- Responsible for administering security of user accounts, groups, and workstations; enforces security policy, identifies areas where policy conflicts with business needs and escalates to Management; models and trains staff on proper security practices for email, accounts, and workstation usage
- Responsible for creating/updating process and procedural documentation for both new and existing technologies in the Service Desk knowledge repository; develops education plans, knowledge and training for Casey staff and creates and implements self-help opportunities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Technical degree in a computer related field or the equivalent in work experience required; A minimum of 5 years’ experience providing support in a Service Desk or Help Desk environment; MOF or ITILv3 certification highly desired.
- Solid Understanding of Windows server concepts and the ability to troubleshoot problems that could be a result of server issues; must be proficient in Active Directory and the Exchange Management Console; knowledge of software deployment and patch management automation tools, such as Microsoft SCCM.
- Solid understanding of video teleconferencing technologies, support and best practices; ability to troubleshoot video and audio issues. Knowledge of Lifesize equipment and ShoreTel a plus.
- Experience in handling difficult or sensitive situations and confidential information; must be able to effectively communicate to staff at all levels of the organization including Board of Trustees and Executive leadership; demonstrates leadership capability and makes sound decisions and judgments.
- Team player with demonstrated effectiveness in working in a collaborative environment; supports coordination and cooperation amongst peers.
- Working knowledge of project management and business analysis best practices; delivers efficient and high quality results and demonstrates analytical skills, incorporating business and technical processes and priorities.
- Conveys information to diverse audiences, orally and in writing, in a way that is easily understood and actionable; understands and works in line with the foundations mission, values, operations, structure, and goals.
- Physical requirements include the ability to lift and reach for light objects; close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures; ability to type utilizing a computer keyboard; ability to travel to outside locations; the ability to work at a computer for extended periods of time as a primary job function; ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds; occasionally carry up to 25 pounds; sit and stand frequently while completing tasks; walk, climb, bend and kneel and crouch occasionally; and the ability to do frequent overhead and shoulder-level reaching, pushing, pulling and grasping.