Help /Service Desk Analyst – Bellevue, WA
The IT Service Desk Analyst will provide first and second line technical support to internal staff. The successful candidate will require an aptitude for working with applications/systems to undertake analysis, diagnosis and resolution of staff problems, which may range from straightforward to more complicated technical issues.
- Serves as a point of escalation for complex technical problems and works to diagnose, investigate and resolve incidents in a timely manner; works cross-functionally with other support teams and Service Owners within Technology Services for issues that cannot be resolved at the Service Desk.
- Leads operational work efforts and project based work initiatives independently and/or in a team environment; provides analysis and partners on projects and initiatives as it relates to technology process improvements; analyzes, translates, and documents business requirements into technical specifications.
- Conducts training for Service Desk Analyst I Technicians and serves as a backup for operational support; provides end user support for remote technologies including laptops, mobile devices, home office peripherals and home office networks via phone, email and in person contact.
- Contributes to the Problem Management function and raises visibility for issues that impacts staff or has a high likelihood of reoccurring; responsible for compiling operational metrics and performing data analysis to identify trends, chronic problems, and other issues that should be addressed; leverages data to drive changes in the environment.
- Responsible for administering security of user accounts, groups, and workstations; enforces security policy, identifies areas where policy conflicts with business needs and escalates to Management; models and trains staff on proper security practices for email, accounts, and workstation usage
- Responsible for creating/updating process and procedural documentation for both new and existing technologies in the Service Desk knowledge repository; develops education plans, knowledge and training for Casey staff and creates and implements self-help opportunities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Technical degree in a computer related field or the equivalent in work experience required; A minimum of 5 years’ experience providing support in a Service Desk or Help Desk environment; MOF or ITILv3 certification highly desired.
- Solid Understanding of Windows server concepts and the ability to troubleshoot problems that could be a result of server issues; must be proficient in Active Directory and the Exchange Management Console; knowledge of software deployment and patch management automation tools, such as Microsoft SCCM.
- Solid understanding of video teleconferencing technologies, support and best practices; ability to troubleshoot video and audio issues. Knowledge of Lifesize equipment and ShoreTel a plus.
- Experience in handling difficult or sensitive situations and confidential information; must be able to effectively communicate to staff at all levels of the organization including Board of Trustees and Executive leadership; demonstrates leadership capability and makes sound decisions and judgments.
- Team player with demonstrated effectiveness in working in a collaborative environment; supports coordination and cooperation amongst peers.
- Working knowledge of project management and business analysis best practices; delivers efficient and high quality results and demonstrates analytical skills, incorporating business and technical processes and priorities.
- Conveys information to diverse audiences, orally and in writing, in a way that is easily understood and actionable; understands and works in line with the foundations mission, values, operations, structure, and goals.
- Physical requirements include the ability to lift and reach for light objects; close visual acuity to prepare and analyze data and figures; ability to type utilizing a computer keyboard; ability to travel to outside locations; the ability to work at a computer for extended periods of time as a primary job function; ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds; occasionally carry up to 25 pounds; sit and stand frequently while completing tasks; walk, climb, bend and kneel and crouch occasionally; and the ability to do frequent overhead and shoulder-level reaching, pushing, pulling and grasping.
Mobile Integration Workgroup, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.