Director IT Infrastructure – Tacoma, WA
The Director of IT Infrastructure is responsible for leading a team of technology professionals with responsibility for managing TrueBlue Inc.’s (TBI) data centers, servers, storage, network and telecom systems. This position will oversee all phases of support from initial solution design to procurement, setup, deployment and maintenance. As the Director of IT Infrastructure, you will partner with other IT Leaders in creating solutions design to meet customers’ needs and in compliance with Infrastructure standards. The Director will ensure close infrastructure alignment to Enterprise-level initiatives, programs and projects supporting the timely delivery of deliverables. The Infrastructure team is also responsible for all phases of operational support with the objective of application availability, reliability and accuracy.
- Vision and leadership in developing a World Class Infrastructure support team
- Key partnership with our business leaders to develop an understanding of the TBI business model and the staffing industry
- Development/refinement of IT Operational and Architectural standards, best practices and guidelines to ensure application availability and reliability as well as operational efficiency
- Key partner to other IT leaders, assisting in understanding business needs, gathering requirements and translating them into IT solutions
- Contributor to the Enterprise Risk Management team providing mitigations/solutions to identified IT Infrastructure risks.
- Lead multiple internal IT Operations/Infrastructure projects ensuring TBI is current with technologies, adherent to industry and organizational standards and best practices and capable of efficiently delivering computing services.
- Key partner to other IT Operations leaders ensuring coordination and cohesiveness in delivering operational solutions to TBI’s internal and external customers
- Development/refinement of IT Security and Compliance architectures, programs and standards to ensure the safety of TBI data and computing resources
- Development/refinement of a strategy towards the management of multiple data center environments, including colocation and cloud computing services, with the objective of delivering quality and efficient computing services
- Delivery of high quality support services for SaaS application models
- Management of a significant IT budget including both CAPEX and OPEX budgets
- Development and delivery of key operational metrics which demonstrate the effectiveness of the IT Operations team
- Fostering a fast paced, change-oriented culture that is focused on delivering high quality solutions under challenging time-to-market constraints
- Mentoring of IT Management maturity in IT Operations support and project management capabilities
- 10+ years of information technology experience working directly with enterprise architecture and infrastructure platforms.
- At least 3 years of Director-level management experience in an IT Operations-related discipline such as systems administration, networks or data center operations strongly preferred
- Experience within a highly distributed, highly available, front line oriented business environment
- In-depth project management experience delivering IT Operations-related capabilities in a cross domain environment
- Proven experience in the planning and management of significant budgets
- Strong working knowledge of network, hardware, storage and operating system concepts with emphasis on VMWare, Microsoft Windows and SQL Server, Cisco networking and Hitachi storage systems
- In-depth knowledge of Operations Management processes and products with emphasis on Microsoft Systems Center and VMWare VSphere
- Familiar with fundamentals of ITIL Service Delivery Framework
- Strong working knowledge of IT Security and Compliance architectures, programs and processes
- Exceptional talent for creatively utilizing technology, people and processes to analyze and solve unique business problems in a cost-effective manner
- Proven ability to operate at both the strategic level as well as the tactical leve
- Proven ability to absorb, master and leverage emerging technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems (MIS/CIS) or related field